Saturday, March 24, 2007

Club Lucky Review

Club Lucky is in the middle of the club district (on John Street across from Hooters) but it's kind of hidden, or at least, none of us had ever noticed it before. The name is a bit of a misnomer... first of all, it's a restaurant not a club, and second of all it wasn't lucky. I can deal with a restaurant calling itself a club, but the not being lucky thing is really disappointing because of course I wasn't really there for the scallops (yummy), the bruschetta (so-so), or the grilled calamari (rubbery, not impressive, especially considering it was a special), clearly I was there looking for luck. And even though the servers were attentive, charming, and I gotta say, kinda hot, Club Lucky doesn't have draft beer (what?! In Toronto? how unlucky is that for this chick?) and nothing really lucky happened. In fact things got a bit unlucky if anything. While we were at Club Lucky, Brian got a call saying his grandma-in-law fell down so he had to ditch us for the hospital, plus, later in the night (granted, not at Club Lucky, but still) I lost a challenge to a guy named Tom-oops-Ben. Damn I hate losing. So Club Lucky, not so lucky.

Out of a possible 7 rabbit's feet, Club Lucky gets a 3 from Lucky Jodi.

I have a feeling that Lucky Dragon will do better. I mean they have draft beer (cold tea, hee-hee) and fortune cookies.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

haha...i think his name was ben, but Tom's close enough!