Thursday, December 07, 2006

Not Above Joining a Cult

I'm less ashamed than you might think to admit that I have just submitted my plight to the website buyhisluck.com. I sent my name, birthdate and my short term goal ("getting my luck back"). The idea is that some dude named Tomas is going to send me his positive vibes and soon I'll be renewing my membership at Club Luck. If it all works out, he'd like a donation. Totally fair. There isn't a single testimonial on the site yet. I kinda like that; I mean, at least he didn't make any up.

I'll let you know if Tomas tries to suck me into a cult. If it brings my super sweet luck back I'll consider it. Hell, I bet cults are full of hijinks. I like hijinks.

Anyway, yesterday things were looking prettty good. I had a little lucky streak going for about 3 hours there. Then I went to visit a good friend. And by good friend I mean the good-friend-for-now-but-still- highly-suspected-of-stealing-my-luck kind of good friend. I demanded my luck back. Good Friend asked if he could hold on to it for a while longer. Nope, I said, don't mean to be an ass, but really can't spare the luck any longer. So, I tried the violent hug. Except Good Friend Luck Stealer is stronger than me and out-violent-hugged-me. Looks like he kept the luck. Possibly stole more. Man, today was shit. Every lucky thing that happened yesterday was reversed today.

My sister, Caitlin, is bringing me a rabbit's foot tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed.

No comments: