Saturday, December 02, 2006

The Investigation Begins

My first blog post in June was back when I was still luckyish. I had nothing to blog about. I'm not big on my kitten's so cute blogs. I considered an interactive manager-marketing chick - television professional -mom-mba-hijinks-renovation-mean girl- beer-candor blog. Meh. Boring. Well maybe not the hijinks and candor, those aren't boring. Perhaps fodder for another blog.

Anywayyyy. I lost my luck last July. The exact week that I lost my luck is easy to pinpoint. I left my bank card in the CIBC machine in Commerce Court at 5:57pm and was robbed of my daily limit by 5:59pm. $1000 in case you're curious. Not 3 days later I contracted a viral eye infection that landed me in the emergency room and then kept me home and quarantined. I spent the next two days wearing sunglasses while trying to work on my computer at a distance of 1/2 inch from the screen. Then I got to go on "vacation." Vacation and quarantine are an unlucky combination of words. Oh, and of course my bike was stolen from work while I was quarantined at home....

Anyway, there was a lot more bad luck in the months that followed but I don't like rambly blogs despite being a rambler so that brings me to two days ago when I told my sister, Caitlin, that I thought someone stole my luck. She said I was crazy. Then yesterday at 11pm I heard a loud cracking sound. So, um, now there's a tree lying in my yard. A giant tree. Roots and all. It looks like this.


Just so we're clear, I used to be really lucky. I won stuff. I was in the right place at the right time. Things turned up ro....


[OMG. I swear that I finished that last paragraph and clicked "publish" and this whole post disappeared. Which was crazy ironic (and perfect) since it's my first blog post about bad luck. And it's kinda happened to me not once but twice recently: last week I spent most of one night working on a paper (mba craziness, remember) and lost the whole thing by 2:30 am and spent until 4:14 trying to retrieve it unsuccessfully (obvi) and then cried a little (very grade 10 of me, all of it, i know) and had to wake up at 7 for work. Anwyay I was like, my luck is truly crazy bad, but then I got the post back after a while (like quite a while, after logging off and doing other things) and I'm like, I'm not that unlucky, yay, but then I thought wait, if something lucky happens when you're posting about bad luck, that kind of ruins everything and is kind of unlucky in and of itself. Right? Right? Just agree and look at the tree again. And let's move on. Here's the rest of the above paragraph...]

...ses. And now, not so much. So I'm going to investigate. I'm going to find out who stole my luck and try to retrieve it. If you have any hot tips, don't be shy. And if you stole my luck, give it back please.

2 comments:

CT said...

Stop looking at me with those guilty eyes.

Lucky Jodi said...

accusing eyes. you're definitely the one with the guilty eyes. luck stealer.