Monday, December 11, 2006

Lucky Rabbit's Foot, Eh?

My sister brought me a rabbit's foot last night. This morning I woke up with hives on my face. Hives. On my face. I've never had hives before so I went to the drug store to ask the pharmacist what to do. I was going to a Canadian Club event at the Royal York Hotel featuring Rupert Duchene and Stephen Lewis speaking on the topic "Beyond philanthropy: creative engagement of the Canadian corporate sector" that would be attended by all sorts of people I hoped to make a good impression on. So clearly the hives wouldn't do. The pharmacist told me that Benadryl was my only option to get rid of the hives fast. I bought the Benadryl. Then I read the many warnings on the box. Warning #2 read: "Avoid activities requiring mental alertness." Now, I've had many a day when avoiding activities requiring mental alertness wouldn't be a problem but today was most certainly not one of them: I have an MBA exam to write tonight. So I kept the mental alertness and the hives and went to the event anyway. I spoke with many impressive people. Of couse they'll forever remember me, not as that incredibly mentally alert woman, but as that woman with the hives. Stupid rabbit's foot.

No comments: