Saturday, December 23, 2006

Lucky You

I'm not going to lie to you. I'm confident I'll start 2007 a year older (my birthday's January 1st) and a lot luckier. I'm already thinking of a new blog topic.

A random lucky thing coming up in 2007? The release of a new luck movie "Lucky You" (which happens to also be my favourite thing to say when I begrudge someone something but with a "well" in front of it, as in "well lucky you") which stars (drumroll please) Drew Barrymore. I love Drew Barrymore. She is one of my fave celebs. I like her sticky-outy chin. Probably 'cause I too have a sticky-outy chin. Anyway, I first caught wind of this movie while at a preview screening of Good Sheppard (Angelina, Matt, everyone else in Hollywood). How did I get there? Glad you asked. It was a lucky thing - I won the tickets by being the first person at my company able to name 2 of Canada's Top 10 Movies of 2006 (hint: I won, because I didn't say Bon Cop, Bad Cop) Wow wow wow was Good Sheppard so not good. Of course that makes winning the tickets so not lucky at the end of the day.

But maybe Lucky You will be good. The premise, according to this trailer, seems to be that Drew's going out with a guy who gambles. a lot. and at first she's all "that's so hot" and then she's all "that's not so hot." Exciting. Can't wait to see how it all turns out for her when this movie hits theatres early next year. I'll probably win tickets. And the movie will actually be good. Lucky 2007 here I come.

No comments: